Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Holding Pattern

Someone reached out to me last week. I was sitting alone at Main Street in our church-outside the kids' school. Watching for my husband, waiting patiently for him to get out of his class for the day. Sitting and stewing actually. Feeling divided and separated. Wondering what the heck I was doing there- didn't I have brains enough to get up and just go home and do my own thing while he was in class?? Surely I could have gone home, gone back to sleep for 2 hours, had a little quiet prayer time, cleaned up the kitchen, done some laundry....anything but SIT on my rear for 2 hours just to be close to my children and wait on my husband...when out of nowhere, some nice guy starts making smalltalk with me.


You see, I sit there in Main Street at least 3 days a week, reading my Bible, drinking coffee, every Tuesday watching hundreds of women walk in to a weekly Bible study. But I'm new here, and I'm not great at making friends. I get crazy insecure when I'm all on my own. I see these beautiful women-dressed up, all chatty with one another, how am I supposed to just throw myself into their conversations.."can I be your friend? can I go to Bible study with you?" Sheesh, so I just sit there wishing I had the nerve to walk in and be welcomed, albeit slowly, but it's a Bible study, surely someone would welcome me?!


So back to the nice guy-turns out he's a seminary student who was also waiting for his wife and he says to me- "you know, there's a women's Bible study going on down the hall right now. It's every Tuesday morning at 9, my wife is there now." OK, God! I've got it. I need to be in this study...so the nice guy, Josh, gives me his email address, his cell phone number, his wife's number...turns out they've found it very difficult to plug-in around here as well. They're organizing a Bible study at their home and have invited us. His wife, Mandi-called me Monday and asked if I'd meet up with her at the women's Bible study Tuesday morning...so I did. Anyway, my point is-God was at work. He knew the mess I was dealing with internally. He was right there with me. He heard my prayers. He answered them. 


He cares about every little thing that we face. He works on our behalf. I'm thankful for these new friends. I'm thankful for this AMAZING study that I'm now a part of. I even got to share a bit about some recent struggles I've had with un-confessed sin. Oooh. I don't think ANYONE likes to talk about that. It may just be the most difficult thing to face in your Christian walk. Especially because keeping it inside "avoids" a lot of heartache. Well, wrong. You cannot fully serve God and be in relationship with Him while your mind is divided. You'll ignore His prompting again and again to resolve the issue and do nothing to further your walk with Him. Remember that He loves you and will never leave you. He is WITH you in your time of trouble. You cannot disappoint HIM. He knows all...just be obedient! Pray and pray for the right way to confess your sin. Let the person you are telling know how difficult this is and how you know it won't be easy to hear, but that you know that you are being obedient to God and your whole purpose of revealing your sin is to be in true and complete obedience to God. And remember, God is with you!!


Ok, so that's that. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment