Friday, October 15, 2010

SOS

This is serious...I'm needing help. Not my area of expertise. In fact, it's not even on my radar. And this would be okay, except now my husband is starting to hint around. He even came right out and said it this evening..."we need to do something crafty for Christmas this year." HA! Crafty? Me?? Why, I don't even own a glue gun! I have not a ribbon or pipe cleaner, a single stitch of fabric or spool of thread. Not a sewing needle in the house. 


Now I realize that this may come as a shock to most of you crafty bloggers out there. How can you be a homemaker and not at least know how to sew on a button or have a glue gun in your possession? Even funnier is that my mom was VERY crafty. I can't even tell you how many times I burned myself on the hot glue gun as a child. It was everywhere, always plugged in and dripping all over. She knew how to make beautiful things without any money or tutorials...why didn't that rub off on me?


So now you understand why I'm a little nervous about this sudden and very specific request from my husband. I'll be keeping a close eye on Edie's 12 Days of {handmade} Christmas over at lifeingrace for some ideas. But what will I need for crafting? All I can think of is obviously a hot glue gun...I guess I should just go walk around Michael's and look at what's available. I'm really in over my head in this arena...Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm stuck on pipe cleaners and hot glue. 


What else am I going to need for a successful crafting adventure with my family? 

2 comments:

Jenny Sullivan said...

I have to admit, Michael's is one of my favorite stores on the planet! I could get into some serious trouble there. I have a few things that I am going to bring you and the kids to do for Christmas. One year, Meagan spent her own money and bought all of these craft projects from Oriental trading company to make for the family. As you know, Oriental Trading only comes in packs of 80,000 items! How many years in a row can all of the family get the same homemade crafts? So, we have some extras lying around here. It will give me something to hunt for during these 2 weeks before we come! :-)

{edie} said...

I don't think it'll disappoint this year Talisha! I've got some talented girls lined up.
:)
edie

Post a Comment