Friday, October 8, 2010

SpLaTt!

So many times, I think we get caught up in our feelings. Feelings are good, don't get me wrong. We are made by God to be emotional creatures. But we are too often led around by our feelings. "This makes me feel better, so surely I should pursue it." Or maybe "this doesn't feel comfortable, so surely God doesn't want to me do this..."

I don't really have much more to say about it, other than I'm aware of the danger of reacting according to my feelings or emotions. Oh man! I'd really mess up if I didn't know this one simple truth...God is in control. I might not have control of my life ever again. That's okay. God's got it. He loves me more than I could ever know. I'll just keep a quiet spirit and ask Him to continually show me His promise to always work everything out for good. For His glory. Now, this will only work for me if I keep my focus on Him. And that means every moment of every day. Then I'll be on the right track:)

Thanks, Lord for your love and guidance. Especially now while I'm completely outside my comfort zone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment